Friday, October 30, 2015
We at JHG Media Group are constantly staying ahead of the curve with social media topics as the appear across the internet. As we are coming to the end of 2015 we are viewing some of the patterns for social media starting to change as they progress into 2016. Just recently Entrepreneur.com posted an article regarding the leading trends that are reshaping social media. We chose our top 3 to share with you here:
1. Facebook is shifting towards a more mature demographic.
According to an infographic produced by Adweek making use of data from eMarketer detailing the market trends in social media for 2016, Facebook is still leading the market with social networking, but it's there's a projected 7.6 percent share boost with users 65 years and more, the largest share increase with all demographics. The eMarketer information suggests that shares among the younger millennial group (18 - 24 year-olds) will decrease.
It's forecasted that in 2016, advertisers going to amp up their advertising attempts to involve even more focused ads on Facebook utilizing the info freely shared on their services. As for various other social networks, the 25-to-35 year-old generation nonetheless retains a stronghold across the board, eventhough Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr are trending younger. There certainly appears be little to very little elderly engagement with Tumblr and Instagram.
This benefits smaller sized business owners as it permits them to compete with big companies. These days your company can move online and actually be distinct. Many web customers don't mind if you're a giant brand but more care about your online presence. This is a win win for much smaller businesses.
Related: The 4 Digital Advertising Trends That Are Reshaping Advertising
2. The foreseeable future is mobile.
This previous March marked the first time the four leading messaging apps in the world has accumulated the exact same level of people as the top four social networking systems. These mobile applications not only permit individuals to message and call long distance lines without paying out long-distance charges, but it allows them to design a world where their preferred brand names, publications and services are merged into one unique bundle that can be accessed just about anywhere.
New services have realized the impact of bringing their items immediately to their users via messaging apps: Snapchat's Discover feature launched with 11 primary international publications to fantastic acclaim and is planning for expansion. In China, the popular free text and phone application, WeChat, has integrated accounts of celebrities and primary brands to its subscription list. This enables folks to follow updates from their buddies and favorite stars, get unique mobile-only VIP "cards" to big department stores, schedule reservations at fashionable eateries with a text message as well as contribute to UNICEF on 1 incorporated application.
3. Social networks are becoming search engines.
Though Google isn't going anywhere anytime soon, the way that customers seek services and products has extended outside simple Search Engine Optimization. Eighty-eight percent of clients on the internet are guided by reviews and internet posts by different people. These people are looking directly to websites like YouTube and Facebook (where each and every company has a presence), or in apps just like Yelp. Pinterest, especially, has an useful role within this shift: its market is mostly dominated by women in their 30s with younger families, a demographic recognized to do most of the buying. The platform is also shopping centered, bouncing people from their tiles instantly to company web sites at a tremendously increasing speed.
Stay tuned as we come nearer to the end of 2015 to stay on top of social media trends as we go into 2016. As always, JHG Media is available to aid your small to mid sized firm remain on top of your social media requirements.
Friday, October 2, 2015
In marketing, brand management is the study and preparation on the way that brand is regarded in the marketplace. Developing a good relationship with the target market is vital for brand management. Concrete elements of brand management include the product itself; appearance, cost, the packaging, etc
When it concerns online brand management there are a lot more components because you need to present yourself with just images and the written word therefore it may be more challenging. But using this list of the top 5 fundamental things to do for good brand management you will certainly be off to a better start!
1. Search Yourself - odds are that you already have some web exposure. If it's a Facebook Page, a Google listing, or your own business site you probably have something in the information super highway. Search the name of your business and your own name too. Then search Google Images the exact same. There are a lot of images within the web arena and they will add (or take away from) your online brand reputation.
2. Purchase Your Domain Name and Start a Website - You can effortlessly go to internet sites like Godaddy.com to purchase your domain name for your business ... ideally yours is still available now. If it is not available in a.com there are plenty of other domain extensions presently that are appearing left and right. For example if your company is called Bliss Yoga and you notice that blissyoga.com is currently taken you can use for bliss.yoga. The very best way to deal with your online brand is to take charge of the information yourself and a web site is a great place to fill up content.
3. Increase Your Content - The more web content you get on the net that is within your authority the better. Have a blog on your website where you can add material at the minimum every other week, if not weekly or several times a week. This will definitely depend on the nature of your company. A news site will have numerous posts and bunches of new material every single day where as a DO-IT-YOURSELF blog may be far better suited for weekly content. Any way you examine it, whenever you get unique web content with keywords that relate to your business you're gon na be in good shape for the Google bots and your brand name will develop.
4. Get All Over Social Media - It's true! Love it or hate it, social media is the strategy to get loads of web content out there on many web platforms. When the Google crawlers discover your content, keywords and backlinks to your web site in various places throughout the interwebs they will grant you a good reputation. This can easily be a lot of work and lots of small to medium sized companies often don't have the time or the workforce to achieve this. Do not fret, there are companies available like JHG Media Group whose business is designed totally around helping other companies have a better web existence through social media management, content development, and search engine optimization.
5. Provide Your Audience a Voice - This is where it gets real. If you discover your company on Yelp.com or Tripadvisor.com, or maybe Google your target market already has a voice simply by being able to leave a rank and review of their experience with your business or blog site. In your blog you really should also allow for a remarks section where you can handle the voice of your audience first hand. You are going to get raving supporters of your goods and then you will get the haters, that's just life. However when you reply to your clients, visitors, users, etc. that's where your integrity shines. It matters not so much that someone had a disappointment (it does matter to the degree that you should look at it and make adjustments where relevant), but it matters more how you deal with the situation of their unhappiness. When a proprietor makes the situation better and turns the upset client into a delighted one they've won. Always be that guy. No matter just how distressed they are it's always better to take care of it than leave it alone. Damaging reviews can disperse like wild fire and quickly get out of hand if you don't attend to them.
So there's your top 5 standard tips for good brand management! You're off to a really good start with these tips and understand that good brand management is a continuous process. Once more, there certainly are organizations you can work with to deal with your brand and reputation for you. It might be a complicated task, but you're not alone! If you do need assistance in the brand and reputation management, content creation, or SEO realm contact JHG Media Group.